University of British Columbia - Robson Square
13-14 January 2013
The Technology Conference is interdisciplinary in scope, and is unique in its focus on the relationships between technology, knowledge, and society.
Plenary Speakers for this event include:
- Ricardo Dominguez, University of California at San Diego
- Jesse Drew, University of California at Davis
- David Karpf, George Washington University
- Charles Schweik, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Given its role in the recent global events, the special theme for 2013: Organize, Challenge, Re-Imagine: New Media and Social Movements
Other topics are welcome, and should focus on the use of technology in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Access to Information and Proprietary Rights
- New Learning Methods and Knowledge Distribution
- Virtual Communities and Cyber-Identity
- Global Networking and Development
Presenters will have the option to submit to be published in the refereed 'International Journal of Technology, Knowledge, and Society.'
Proposals must be in English, include a title, a 20-30 word "Short Description" (thesis statement), a 200-300 word "Long Description" (abstract), and can be submitted electronically through our website: http://techandsoc.com/conference-2013/call-for-papers/
Virtual Proposals/Registrations, as well as Non-Presenter Registrations are encouraged.
Upcoming Deadline: 14 August 2012. (Subsequent Deadlines will be announced on our website)