The Institute of Reading Development is seeking candidates for summer 2010 teaching positions. We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree or higher from any discipline. We provide a paid training program and comprehensive on-going support.
Summer teaching positions with the Institute offer the opportunity to:
• Earn more than $6,000 during the summer. Teachers typically earn between $525 and $700 per week while teaching.
• Gain over 500 hours of teacher-training and teaching experience with a
variety of age groups.
• Help students of all ages develop their reading skills and ability to become
imaginatively absorbed in books.
The Institute is an educational service provider that teaches developmental reading programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities across the United States. Our classes for students of all ages improve their reading skills and teach them to experience absorption in literature.
We hire people who:
• Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure
• Have a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
• Are responsible and hard working
• Have good communication and organizational skills
• Will be patient and supportive with students
• Have regular access to a reliable car
We welcome you to submit an online application and learn more about teaching for the Institute at our website